Lanarkshire Health Board (commonly known as NHS Lanarkshire) Endowment Fund
(Scottish Charity No SC005674)
What is an Endowment Fund?
NHS Lanarkshire Endowment Fund is a charity recognised by the Inland Revenue and the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator.
All donations received are held in Trust within the Endowment Fund and are used to fund a range of items and activities that benefit the patients of Lanarkshire.
The purpose of the Board’s Endowment Funds is the advancement of health through:
- improvement in the physical and mental health of the local population:
- the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of illness;
- the provision of services and facilities in connection to the above;
- research into any matters relating to the causation, prevention, diagnosis or treatment of illness.
The Endowment Fund is in addition to, and separate from, the money used by NHS Lanarkshire to provide day-to-day, core health services.
You can support the NHS Lanarkshire Endowment Fund by the following methods:
- direct donation
- leaving a legacy or bequest in your will.
You can specify exactly how you wish your donation to be used. For example:
- research purposes
- to purchase equipment for a hospital
- to benefit a particular ward or department or hospital
Who can make a donation?
NHS Lanarkshire can accept and hold within their Endowment Fund donations from individuals, clubs & societies, work groups, companies, or any other organisation.
How will my donation be used?
If you do not specify the purpose of your donation it will be added to the General Endowment Fund for the benefit of patients and staff of NHS Lanarkshire. Alternatively you can specify exactly how you wish the donation to be used as mentioned above.
Over the years, patients have benefited from the purchase of equipment and additional amenities, which were only made possible due to public generosity.
How do I donate?
If you would like to make a donation, please download and complete the donation form and send it with your donation to the contact details given on the form.
Ways to donate
- By Cheque – please make cheques payable to NHS Lanarkshire Endowment Fund
- By electronic bank transfer – please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for bank account details
- By Cash – please do not send cash through the post. Please pass your donation to the Ward or Department Manager concerned or deliver your donation in person to The Cash Office, NHS Lanarkshire HQ, Kirklands Hospital, Fallside Road, Bothwell G71 8BB.
Each donation will be acknowledged in writing. If you do not receive an acknowledgement, please contact the staff member to whom you passed your donation to.
If you are a taxpayer, the NHS Lanarkshire Endowment Fund may reclaim tax on your donation if you complete the Gift Aid Declaration Form at the bottom of the form.
Donating through JustGiving
Supporters of NHS Lanarkshire's Endowment Fund can fundraise and donate online via the fundraising website JustGiving making it even easier for people to support their local health board.
On JustGiving, people can collect funds online for the charities they care about instead of using a traditional paper sponsorship form. Creating a fundraising page and making a donation, is quick, easy and secure.
JustGiving also processes Gift Aid on behalf of the NHS Lanarkshire Endowment Fund, adding 25% to every eligible donation made on the site.
Please visit our JustGiving webpage for further information: - https://www.justgiving.com/nhs-lanarkshire
If you are interested in making a donation and would like to speak to someone
If you would like to make a donation and would like to discuss your donation please e-mail email@example.com with your enquiry and someone will contact you as soon as possible.