New Visiting Times
Following feedback from patients, visitors and staff, we now plan to offer flexible visiting each day between 3pm to 8pm.
The new flexible times have been introduced across all wards however, some ward areas may need to put some restrictions in place to ensure that patient treatment is not compromised. Where this happens, staff will engage with families and visitors to explain. Please check with the ward before planning your visit.
Welcome to Wishaw General Hospital
Wishaw General Hospital is a district general hospital with a 24-hour accident and emergency department. It has 626 inpatient beds. Contact Details:
Wishaw General Hospital
50 Netherton Street
Tel: 01698 361 100
- Lanarkshire's maternity unit, the second largest in Scotland, delivering 5500 babies each year (see a virtual tour of the unit here)
- Paediatric neonatal unit
- MRI scanner
- Elderly care and psychiatric day hospitals
- Emergency care unit containing an integrated accident and emergency unit with a 36-bed ward
- Director of Acute Services - Alan Lawrie
- Director of Hospital Services – Marion Mark
- Chief of Medical Services - Mr Hakim BenYounes
- Chief of Nursing Services - Gillian Corbett
- Divisional Nurse Director – Joan James
Your Feedback - comments, concerns and complaints
NHS Lanarkshire is committed to improving the service it provides to patients and their families. We therefore want to hear from you about your experience. If you would like to tell us about this please visit our feedback page.