The Your Health, Your Rights zone
website has been developed by NHS 24 in partnership with the Scottish Government to make it easier for you to access advice about your health rights.
Your Health, Your Rights zone
has a series of leaflets and factsheets about your health rights. You can view them using the links below:
How to use the NHS
You can find clear, accurate information in 17 languages about how to use the health service in Scotland on the 'How to use the health service in Scotland website'.
The DVD and website have been produced by Your Health, Your Rights zone with funding from the Scottish Government Health Directorates.
The Charter of Patient Rights and Responsibilities
This leaflet explains what you can expect from the NHS, and what the NHS expects from you. View the leaflet on the Your Health, Your Rights zone website.
Giving feedback or making a complaint about the NHS
This leaflet explains how to complain using the NHS complaints procedure. View the leaflet on the Your Health, Your Rights zone website.
Confidentiality - it's your right
This leaflet explains how the NHS protects your personal health information. View the leaflet on the Your Health, Your Rights zone website.
Consent - it's your decision
This leaflet explains how you should be involved in decisions about your health care and treatment. View the leaflet on the Your Health, Your Rights zone website.
Caring and consent
Your right to be involved in decisions about the health care of the adult you care for is aimed at carers of all ages. It explains:.
- The rights of people who are unable to consent to medical treatment
- The rights of their carers to be involved in decisions about their health care
- The rights of a legal proxy
View the leaflet on the Your Health, Your Rights zone website.
When someone has died – information for you
When someone close to you dies, you may be unsure what to do.
We hope the Bereavment Zone will help you find answers to your questions and guide you through the early days of your bereavement. It can also help you understand more of the experience of loss in the days that lie ahead.
View the Bereavment Zone on the NHS Inform
eHealth – using computers to improve your healthcare
This leaflet tells you how eHealth will affect the service you receive from the NHS, how your information will be stored and shared safely and legally and what may happen in the future. View the leaflet on the Your Health, Your Rights zone website.
How to see your health records
This leaflet explains your right to see or have a copy of your health records. View the leaflet on the Your Health, Your Rights zone website.
Please visit the Your Health, Your Rights zone for factsheets about:
- Health care for people coming to Scotland to work
- Health care for people coming to Scotland to study
- Health care for asylum seekers and refugees in Scotland
- Health care for former UK residents now working abroad
- Health care in Scotland for UK passport holders living abroad
- Health care for UK pensioners visiting Scotland
- Health care in Scotland for holidaymakers from overseas
For information on all the leaflets in other languages and formats including:
- Standard leaflets in clear print in English
- Large print versions in English
- Easy read versions with illustrations for people with a learning disability
- British Sign Language versions on DVD
- Audio versions
- Translated information including Arabic, Bengali, Chinese, English, Punjabi and Urdu versions