NHS Lanarkshire offers a huge range of exciting and challenging opportunities for people who are passionate about making a difference.
Our Vision, at NHS Lanarkshire, is to ensure that we meet the needs of individuals and communities by providing high-quality safe and effective care through an empowered and flexible workforce which understands the diverse needs of the population.
With so many varied careers on offer, there is a job for you no matter what your interests, skills or qualifications.
If successful in securing employment you will become part of a talented, passionate team of people who are committed to providing the best care and treatment to patients. You will also enjoy one of the most competitive and flexible benefits packages offered by any employer in the UK.
NHS Scotland employers are required to ensure fair and effective management of their most valuable resource; staff.
This is achieved through staff governance standards which apply to all employees. The standards set out what you can expect from your employer, and your responsibilities as an employee.
The standards require NHS Lanarkshire to demonstrate that staff are:
- Well informed
- Appropriately trained and developed
- Involved in decisions
- Treated fairly and consistently, with dignity and respect, in an environment where diversity is valued
- Provided with a continuously improving and safe working environment, promoting the health and well being of staff, patients and the wider community
The Standards also require staff to:
- Keep themselves up to date with developments relevant to their job within the organisation
- Commit to continuous personal and professional development
- Adhere to the standards set by their regulatory bodies
- Actively participate in discussions on issues that affect them either directly or via their trade union/professional organisation
- Treat all staff and patients with dignity and respect while valuing diversity
- Ensure that their actions maintain and promote the health, safety and well being of all staff, patients and carers
NHS Lanarkshire fully supports and promotes an open and fair culture.
We want staff to feel confident about raising concerns and reporting adverse events, in the knowledge that reports will be positively received and acted upon, with feedback being provided to staff.
This commitment is reflected in our Whistleblowing Policy, and in our Policy for the Management of Adverse Events.